“Explore the beautiful scenery of the Western Canadian Rockies!”
- The Rocky Mountains are located from Canada’s Prairie Provinces westward to the coast of the Pacific Ocean. Portions of the Canadian Rockies can be found in Alberta as well as British Columbia
- The heart of the Canadian Rockies lies in Banff National Park, which became the country’s first national park
- This painting is created of Wedge Pond, which is 1.5 hours away from Calgary Alberta
- There are 100 mountains in the Rocky Mountains – they extend into eight states, two provinces, and two territories.
- Mount Robson (12,972 ft) is the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies, but not the highest in B.C.